About Our School
To provide every child with a safe and nurturing environment that facilitates a love of learning as well as a love for God, others, and self.
Brindarle a cada niño un entorno seguro y de amor, donde se le brinde la enseñanza del amor a Dios, al prójimo y a sí mismo.
• We at Immaculate Conception School believe in educating students academically, spiritually, and emotionally.
• We believe that instruction in the Catholic faith enables our students to acquire the knowledge, values and skills necessary to mature into responsible adults.
• We recognize and respect the individuality, ethnic diversity and uniqueness of each student.
• We empower our students to choose wisely and acknowledge the significance of their choices.
• We believe in the importance of parental support to facilitate each child’s growth in body, mind, and spirit.
• We believe in our commitment to grow as educators through professional development, self-evaluation and renewal.
• We recognize the necessity to adapt to the changing needs within our school and community.
• It is our belief that our family-like relationship serves as a model to the students we teach.
History & Tradition
On July 26, 1924 the cornerstone was laid for Immaculate Conception Church-School, and by Christmas 1924 the upper church and four room school were completed. Shortly thereafter, Immaculate Conception parish welcomed the arrival of the Sisters of St Francis of the Mount Hope community. In 1946 the Holy Union Sisters of the Sacred
Hearts of Jesus and Mary arrived to continue the tradition of Catholic Education provided by a religious community. On May 23, 1965 a new wing, convent and school hall/gymnasium were added. Today Immaculate Conception School is strong and successful with a rich tradition of faith-filled education provided by a dedicated lay faculty.
Technology is part of every aspect of our lives. Computers are used today for almost every job imaginable. In addition, most homes have at least one computer. This is why it is so important to have technology as part of every student’s school life. At Immaculate Conception School we have computer classes for all grades. They learn the basics of using the computer and how to use it to complete assignments. In addition, we have a technology lab where laptops are used to do research, reinforce the curriculum and complete special projects. Studies have found that technology use allows students to actively think about information, make choices and successfully execute skills.
Safe & Nurturing
Research shows that students who learn in a safe and supportive environment succeed academically. At Immaculate Conception School we have implemented an Anti-Bullying/Anti-Harassment Policy to ensure the safety of every person in our building. In addition, everyone who works or volunteers with our students is screened and VIRTUS trained as part of our Safe Environment Program. It is part of our Mission to promote mutual respect, tolerance, and acceptance.